This is my in-progress plan for my highschool ceramics classes (teacher unknown) ceramics online
Ceramics 1- AP
|Learning Outcome||To prepare you to jump into sculpting a figure, face, or animal when you return (whichever one you haven’t done yet). You may envision this piece as a separate assignment or as one that combines with a throwing assignment (ie. your signature assessment, figure #1 and #2 below)|
|Things to do|
- Watch these videos on techniques to handbuild/sculpt the figure, head/face, or an animal
- And this video on how to hollow out your model if made with clay
- Make a sketch of what you plan to make and if possible, the methods you might use to make it.
- Find (on the internet) or create (take pictures of a posed family member or your pet, draw) relevant source material that you can look at for reference (different angles of the subject, pictures of the figure, face, or animal)
- If you have something moldable at home (aluminum foil, a glue-soaked piece of fabric, diy paper clay, playdoh) and feel like you could get started on a maquette please do so! Please take a picture from a few angles of your result or bring the piece with you back to school.
- March 26th: Turn in a photo of your sketch + methods to me via email
- March 27th: Send your pictures/resource materials
- If you have taken a stab at making something, please take photos and send it to me or bring the maquette back with you
|Additional Resources||More artists to take a look at|
|Need help?||Available to call or facetime________, or video chat at these times _______|